2019 Farm Tour: In It For the Long Haul
July 18, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
Events during the day will include:
- Multiple tours throughout the day including Hard Red Spring Wheat, and Oats fields, with variety comparisons, inter-seeding Clover and responsive strategies, airseeder and harrow discussions, input comparisons.
- – Expert guest speakers.
- – Cooking class with Chef Dyan Carson from Table for Six, Glasgow, MT
- – Fun kids’ activities including hayride, pea flower/pod picking, and scavenger hunt
- – Organic Advisory and Education Council (OAEC) update
Also unsponsored evening events, donations welcome
- – No-hook up camping spots available
- – Rocky Mountain Oyster fry
- – Economic comparison of Organic v. Conventional Agriculture Systems
Tour is free, open to the public. Coffee and scone welcome, lunch, and, late afternoon dessert social will be provided. Please wear weather-appropriate clothing and footwear and bring camp chairs
Pre-Registration on EventBrite is appreciated by July 10. If you are bringing children, please register each one and provide the child’s age. Day of registration is available.
Call Jamie Ryan Lockman (406) 546-6572 or email email@example.com for more information.Follow MOA
Share your event with the Montana Organic Community.